Wild Goose & Convergence Music Project 2018 Songwriting Contest Details
The Song Submission and Payment Process for This Contest Is Still Under Construction. It Will Be Live and Ready To Receive Your Songs On Tuesday, April 2, 2018
Thanks for your interest in The Wild Goose/CMP Songwriting Contest! Here’s how the contest will work.
- 1. To be eligible to win you must be present in person and registered at the Wild Goose Festival. The Convergence Music Project welcomes song submissions at no charge directly on the CMP website for those who would like to submit songs to be considered for the website, but you must be at the Goose to be officially entered in this contest.
- 2. You may enter up to 5 songs in the contest. You must submit an Mp3 of the audio and a lyric sheet. The entrance fee is:
- 1 song: $35.00 (select here to enter and pay for only 1 song)
- 2 songs: $60.00 (select here to enter and pay for 2 songs)
- 3 songs: $75.00 (select here to enter and pay for 3 songs)
- 4 songs: $85.00 (select here to enter and pay for 4 songs)
- 5 songs: $100.00 (select here to enter and pay for 5 songs)
- 3. The deadline for song submission and contest entry is Friday, June 15, 2018.
- 4. Songs will be evaluated according to the criteria on the CMP Song Evaluation Page, and all paid submitters will receive an evaluation response (you will receive your actual evaluation page and any comments song evaluators may want to make) via email from the panel of contest listeners by July 3rd, 2018. You will be notified in that email if your song is among the top 10 songs chosen. Those top ten will be considered potential winners. At least 5 will be responded to live in the afternoon session of the July 12 pre-event CMP Progressive Christian Worship Music workshop.
- 5. This contest has absolutely nothing to do with copyright ownership. Songwriters retain full ownership and rights to their submissions.
- 6. Songs will not be evaluated for performance or production, and a simple guitar/vocal or piano/vocal recording is fine. Our evaluators will be responding to the song itself and not the performance. Simply make sure the recording you submit presents the song as well as possible.
- 7. All styles of music are welcome and no one style of music or liturgical or cultural tradition will be preferred. Just remember that we are looking for songs that other churches might want to use in their own worship services. Pay careful attention to the song evaluation criteria and you will get a good sense of what we are looking for and how we will be evaluating the compositions.
Click Here For Song Evaluation Criteria
- 1. Top 5 all will be offered CMP song licensing contracts for the CMP website.
- 2. 2nd runner up: 2nd place trophy presented prior to Amy Grant’s performance on July 14 and free registration/entrance to the CMP Songcrafting Retreat in Nashville, TN from Nov. 15-17, 2018. ($249 value).
- 3. 1st runner up: 1st place trophy presented prior to Amy Grant’s performance on July 14 and free registration/entrance to the CMP Songcrafting Retreat in Nashville, TN from Nov. 15-17, 2018. ($249 value)
- 4. Grand Prize Winner: Grand Prize trophy presented prior to Amy Grant’s performance on July 14; free registration/entrance to the CMP Songcrafting Retreat in Nashville, TN from Nov. 15-17, 2018; free creation of lead sheet, congregational melody line, and piano arrangement of the song; song performed live prior to Amy Grant’s headline performance on July 14, 2018.